- 4 turnips, peeled and quartered
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp soft butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Combine turnips, potatoes, onion, and 1 Tbsp salt in a slow cooking pot.
- Cover with water; then cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain well.
- Mash; then add cream, butter, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper.
- Beat until fluffy
Makes 6 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!