Thank you for participating in the conversation via your e-mailed letters and suggested items for our Snippets and Odds ‘n Sods columns. We insist that you keep the following guidelines in mind:
- SurvivalBlog is a family-friendly site, and the letters/snippets need to stay in that same frame of mind. Think of your 80-year-old granny. If you wouldn’t say it to her, it probably doesn’t belong here. The use of expletives, graphic language, or ethnic slurs is not allowed.
- SurvivalBlog is a private information service. That means that you cannot use “freedom of speech” as an excuse to use name-calling, threatening, bullying, intimidation, or foul language, or to otherwise harass anyone.
- SurvivalBlog reserves the right to remove any post or letter for any reason.
- SurvivalBlog reserves the right to remove offensive language (including what the moderator considers as threats, cursing, racial epithets, or unacceptably crude/vulgar language) from a letters/snippets
- Posts that are considered mocking, taunting, or otherwise do not contribute to the discussion will be removed.
- Unless instructed otherwise, personal information in letters/snippets will be removed by the editors, for OPSEC.
- As we are a private information service, you are not allowed to place advertisements in letters/snippets. If you wish to advertise, you must use SurvivalBlog’s advertising system.
- Once posted, all comments/letters/snippets become copyrighted material of SurvivalBlog, and they can be used as SurvivalBlog sees fit.