- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (1 3/8 oz) pkg onion soup mix
- 6 cups water, hot
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup packaged biscuit mix
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp milk
- In a slow cooking pot, sprinkle beef with dry onion soup mix and pour hot water over the meat.
- Stir in carrots, celery, and tomato.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Turn control on high.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix with parsley and stir in milk with a fork until mixture is moistened.
- Drop dumpling mixture into slow-cooking pot with teaspoon.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!