- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs round steak
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup fresh or canned bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, cut up
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Slice steak into narrow strips.
- In skillet or slow-cooking pot with a browning unit, brown steak in oil.
- Combine with garlic, salte, pepper, soy sauce, and sugar in slow cooking pot.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Turn control to high and add bean sprouts, tomatoes, and green peppers.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and stil into pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Sprinkle with onions.
Makes 4 to 5 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!