- Now available for digital download, for just $14.95
- Has full SurvivalBlog site content from 2005 to 2016
- Expanded bonus material (5 additional books and 15 additional military radio manuals)
- Extra year of content (2016 )
- Faster download time!
Note: This release will be followed by the same content on a custom SurvivalBlog logo alloy 8 GB waterproof USB memory stick with an O-ring seal, suitable for your bugout bag. That should be available for ordering in early February. It will be priced under $25. But the digital download (that you can copy onto your own stick or your laptop’s hard drive) is available now. – JWR
Today is the birthday of actor Robert Duvall (born 1931.) His roles in Open Range and Apocalypse Now are unforgettable.
January 5th is also the birthday of the late John Pugsley(born 1934, died April 8, 2011), libertarian and economics author. Pugsley was well known in preparedness circles as the author of The Alpha Strategy. (The book is out of print, but a PDF is available for free download.) It is also the birthday of General Courtney Hodges (born 1887 – January 16, 1966). Kicked out of West Point for low math scores, he enlisted as a private but soon became a maverick officer and went on to a distinguished career.
3. A Generic Car-Emergency Kit: Most of these car emergency kits come with a basic tool set (that usually borders on worthless), but most have jumper cables, reflective triangles, a good bag to use to carry your own custom kit, and a cigarette lighter powered tire pump (which can prove useful if you’re not going to spring for the Powerpack or a unit of similar capability.) I bought my car-emergency kit for the bag and then built my own kit into that bag. The useless tools from the original kit make great presents for your brother-in-law.
What To Put Into The Customized Car Emergency Bag:
- A Custom Tool Set: You need to replace the cheaply made “Made in China” tools with as reliable, last-a-lifetime tools as you can. Certainly inexpensive tools are better than none, but you have to understand that if you have to use … Continue reading
I have been reading the comments on the Harbor Freight motion alarm in the past few entries. I have had one of these units monitoring my driveway for the last 10 years or so. It works flawlessly. I had an old plug laying around that fit the receiver, so I only use batteries in the monitor. You can see in the attached photos that I spray painted it brown to camouflage the look, although I moved it from a more brown colored tree to a more grey colored one after my neighbor got a dog, which kept setting off the alarm when he was in his front yard. I haven’t gotten around to repainting it, but it is still not that noticeable even with the black zip tie holding it up. When it goes off, my ankle biter dog charges up onto the couch, and her resulting bark tells … Continue reading
British consumers borrow at fastest rate in 11 years as inflation threat rises
o o o
What Is This “Neutral” Interest Rate Touted by the Fed?
o o o
Items from Mr. Econocobas:
‘Audit the Fed’ bill gets new push under Trump
Federal Debt Climbs $1,054,647,941,626.91 in 2016
50 days of pain: What happened when India trashed its cash – I do like how it shows you the value of cash taken out and the value of the cash put back in and how to explain this is supposed to work?
o o o
SurvivalBlog and its editors are not paid investment counselors or advisers. Please see our Provisos page for details.
The Titanic Sails at Dawn: Warning Signs Point to Danger Ahead in 2017 – B.B.
o o o
Heads up: NOW is the time to buy Forever Stamps – price increase on Jan 22 from $0.47 to $0.49
o o o
17 Prepper Uses For Used Motor Oil (Editor’s Note: Be aware that used motor oil is classified as a carcinogen.) – J.N.
o o o
From the Desk of Mike Williamson, SurvivalBlog’s Editor at Large: New survival community
So, it’s not a “community”; it’s a “real estate promotion”. $1000 a month isn’t bad at all for that much secure space. Leasing from someone else in a readily locatable position isn’t a great idea. How reliable will the neighbors be when push comes to shove? Will they stand by you with a rifle? Or vote democratically to “Share” … Continue reading
“You don’t drive an economy by consuming – the consumer is not the engine, the consumer is the caboose.” – Peter Schiff