- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch of saffron powder
- 3 cups broth or bouillon
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1 (16 oz) can peas, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced, stuffed green olives
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a slow-cooking pot, combine chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, and saffron.
- Pour chicken broth and sherry over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Drain the chicken, saving 2 cups of broth.
- Turn the control to high and combine the chicken, 2 cups of broth, peas, olives, and cooked rice.
- Cover and cook on high another 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!