Happy birthday to singer and actress Julie Andrews (born 1935). Her name is always associated with The Sound of Music.
At the time I began writing this, Hurricane Irma had hit only eight days earlier. From it and other hurricane experiences, I have learned some valuable lessons. The first is, use your head. No, do not use it to hammer the shutters down. What I mean is, use some common sense.
Demonstrating a Lack of Reasoning
Here are some things that happened here in South Florida that demonstrated a lack of reasoning:
- A guy burned down his house because he wasn’t careful while pouring gas in his generator that was running. The spillage later caught on fire, torching his entire hacienda.
- My girlfriend forgot to take a shower right before the hurricane hit. On the fifth day without water or a bath, she sprayed Febreze all over her body. She’s now waiting for recovery from the repercussions of that move.
- A guy waited until the … Continue reading
To The Readers,
Artificial intelligence (AI), nuclear war, and economic collapse; represent the greatest threats to our survival as human beings.
If we continue on our present path, computers will be able to out-think us. Every battle will be lost to an opponent that is smarter than us.
Alternatively, a hot-headed dictator may lose their cool, and may fire his nuclear arsenal upon humanity. This could [trigger a general exchange] leading us all to extinction.
Even economic collapse would devastating. We would struggle amongst ourselves for basic necessities.
I have heard several arguments concerning all three of these:
- Perhaps “artificial intelligence” will be our savior, meaning all of humanity’s woes will be solved. At the expense of our free will, and subservience to the new master, AI. We will have become jellyfish.
- A limited nuclear war would only create a partial collapse of our … Continue reading
SurvivalBlog presents another edition of The Survivalist’s Odds ‘n Sods— a collection of news bits and pieces that are relevant to the modern survivalist and prepper from “HJL”. Steven Crowder goes undercover with antifa and the results are incredibly predictable.
Reason #5032 for Getting Out of Public School
Teacher arrested for ‘contaminating THOUSANDS of flutes given to California schoolchildren with his semen’. Apparently this happened over the course of multiple years. Really, what more can be said? Thanks to F.C. for the link.
Undercover in Antifa
Steven Crowder, an independent podcaster and his producer, infiltrated an Antifa group over a couple of weeks. As noted in the video, after Antifa was declared a terrorist organization, they pulled in close and it was much more work to get inside. The producer had to meet organizers in person who vetted … Continue reading
“But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” – Romans 3:21-26 (KJV)