- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup light cream
- In a large skillet brown the beef, breaking up large chunks with a fork.
- Pour off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, onion, and undiluted soup.
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- In a slow-cooking pot, arrange alternate layers of potatoes and meat (with the potatoes on the bottom).
- Pour the soup mixture over, then cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Turn the control to high and pour cream over all, cooking 15 to 20 additional minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!