We’ve completed the judging for Round 97 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prize winners are:
Anthony B., for Progressive Reloading for Beginners, posted on November 24, 2021. His prizes will include:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- Two sets of The Civil Defense Manual, (in two volumes) — a $193 value — kindly donated by the author, Jack Lawson.
Petr, for Internet Privacy Basics, posted on November 25, 2021. His prizes will include:
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, that have a combined retail value of $589,
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- A transferable $150 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Tractorguy, for Backup Power Generation Considerations, posted on October 17, 2021. His prizes will include:
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $100 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun.
Honorable Mention Prizes:
The following 14 articles won Honorable Mention prizes. Each of these prize winners have been awarded a $50 FRN purchase credit that is good for the purchase of any antique gun at Elk Creek Company:
- Seed Harvesting Tips for Survival (Part 1 and Part 2) by R.B. (October 5 & 6, 2021.)
- Hardening Your Stick-Built Home by Jeff G. (November 4, 2021.)
- Reacting to Riots by Don Shift (October 1, 2021.)
- Quality Products for Prepping by 3AD Scout (October 27, 2021.)
- Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 7.62×39 by The Novice (October 21, 2021.)
- Risk Mitigation: Strategies for the Prepper by Dan S. (October 13, 2021.)
- The Joys of Canning by St. Funogas (October 8, 2021.)
- This is Not My Planned TEOTWAWKI , by S.F. in Oregon by S.F. in Oregon (October 2, 2021.)
- Food Shortages – The Hype and The Reality (Part 1 and Part 2) by SaraSue (November 17 & 18, 2021.)
- Antibiotic Synergism: More Bang for Your Bug by ShepheredFarmerGeek (November 16, 2021.)
- Prepping For In Between (Part 1 & Part 2) by Noah C. (November 13 & 14, 2021.)
- Home-Made Insulin by C.S. (November 11, 2021.)
- How to Quickly Kindle a Fire by St. Funogas (November 6, 2021.)
- Establishing a Community Corner by Mark C. (November 5, 2021.)
Round 98 begins today and will end on January 31, 2022. So get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.