We’ve complete the judging for Round 96 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prize winners are:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- Two sets of The Civil Defense Manual, (in two volumes) — a $193 value — kindly donated by the author, Jack Lawson.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, that have a combined retail value of $589,
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Naturally Cozy is donating a “Prepper Pack” Menstrual Kit. This kit contains 18 pads and it comes vacuum-sealed for long term storage or slips easily into a bugout bag. The value of this kit is $220.
Ozark Redneck for Processing Chickens on Our Homestead, posted on September 21, 2021. His prizes will include:
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Siege Stoves is generously donating a US-made very lightweight SIEGE® STOVE kit:
- Titanium Gen 3 Flat-Pack Stove with titanium Cross-Members
- Large Folding Grill
- Pair of Side Toasters
- Compact Fire Poker (made in Japan, and converted into a fire poker by Siege.)
- Extra set of stainless steel universal Cross-Members. These can be used to quickly convert almost any common can into an efficient, stable, high-performance wood-burning stove. With these and the Flat-Pack stove, one is able to get two fires going in parallel, which can be very handy (boil water for coffee, cook a second dish, etc.). One can even take a can of food on a trip, open it, empty it into a pot and while that is cooking on the Flat-Pack Stove, turn the now empty can into a second stove (takes just two minutes to make the holes with the built-in hole-punch and attach the extra set of Cross-Members).
- A transferable $150 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Honorable Mention Prizes:
The following 14 articles won Honorable Mention prizes. Each of these prize winners have been awarded a $50 FRN purchase credit that is good for the purchase of any antique gun at Elk Creek Company:
- Radios for Emergency and SHTF Use – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4, by Rufus King
- Flatten The Curve for Hunting Deer – Part 1 and Part 2, by Behind The Counter
- WTSHTF: What Will the Police Do?, by Gramthar’s Hammer
- Shooting Drills for WTSHTF – Part 1 and Part 2, by T.Z.
- A DIY Solar Water Heater – Part 1 and Part 2, by St. Funogas
- Your AR-15 For Hunting Deer, by Behind The Counter
- Becoming a Hunter – Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3, by Remington Smith
- My Many Fast Failures – Part 1 and Part 2, by M.P.
- Money, Finances and Preparedness, by Mr. Zipph
- Get Out of the Cities – Part 1 and Part 2, by SaraSue
- Food: The Ultimate Weapon, by MacHam
- The Utility of 9mm Braced Pistols, by Francis, The Semi-Prepper
- Hurricane Ida: An After Action Report, by A.R.
- Food Storage: Prepping by the Numbers, by R.M.
Round 97 begins today and will end on November 30th, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.