- 1 lb ground cooked ham (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 lb lean bulk sausage
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp grated onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- In a mixing bowl, combine ham, sausage, bread crumbs, mustard, egg, onion, and milk.
- Form into round loaf about 6 inches in diameter, or rectangle, or oval about 9×5 inches.
- Place in a Crock Pot, cover and cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Combine ingredients for sauce and brush over loaf for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Slice and serve hot.
Leftover cold slices of loaf make good sandwiches.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!
I like this recipe, but do not know what is meant by “brown sauce”. Got a list of ingredients?
What’s brown sauce?
I’m assuming it’s a brown gravy, but I don’t really know. I’ve sent a request to the submitter of the recipe.
Anyone who has ever been across the pond knows that brown sauce is the Queen’s own HP Steak Sauce. “Would you like red or brown sauce with that bacon sandwich?” The translation is Ketchup or HP.
If you are correct, and I suspect that you are, A1 Steak Sauce is pretty darn close to HP and is readily available in every supermarket.