This “old-fashioned” salad (my recipe card for it is circa 1979) has seemingly fallen out of favor, and I don’t know why. It’s yummy and unique, and fairly simple to throw together. It will be perfect alongside your next grilled chicken dinner.
- 3 apples (your favorite variety), peeled, trimmed, and cubed into bite-sizes
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. sugar dash of salt
- Place apples, celery and pecans into medium serving bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over and stir.
- Add mayonnaise and sugar and stir well.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 4-6 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!