- 3 cups of fresh corn, cut from cob (or 2 16oz cans of whole kernel corn, drained)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth or bouillon
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Ground mace
- Combine corn, potatoes, onion, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, and broth in a pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Pour into a blender and puree until almost smooth.
- Chill overnight, if desired, or return to the pot.
- Stir in milk and butter.
- Cover bring to a boil on medium heat, then let it simmer for about an hour (do not let it boil dry – add water as necessary and do not let it scorch).
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle with mace.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!