I call this Kitchen Sink Garden Muffins. It’s half a recipe that I’ve been experimenting with since there are only the two of us.
Sift together in small bowl:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Set this aside.
Whisk together in larger bowl:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 oz applesauce
- 1 egg
- 4 oz crushed pineapple, NOT drained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- I add a handful of ground flax (and you can add chopped dates, raisins, and/or nuts– your choice)
- Set your oven at 375 degrees.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir just until all is moistened. Don’t over-mix.
- Spray muffin tins with either non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full of batter.
- Bake 19-23 minutes, until pick inserted comes out clean.
This makes 5 giant muffins for me.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!