- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbs flour
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (10¾ oz) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbs dry red wine
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, toasted and buttered
- In a large skillet brown beef and bacon until red color disappears; then, drain.
- In a slow cooking pot, mix together drained beef, bacon, onion, flour, paprika, and salt.
- Stir in undiluted soup and wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Spoon mixture over toasted buns.
For an easy-on-the-cook meal, serve with fresh vegetable relishes and potato chips. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links: Reader P.S. sent in this link to a good looking Apple Butter recipe that doesn’t require unusual ingredients.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!