Important Warning To Gun Owners: A Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives has introduced a horrible piece of legislation that would ban far more than just “bumpfire stocks.” This vaguely-worded bill would ban nearly all aftermarket triggers, trigger springs, buffers, buffer springs, bolt carriers, many muzzle brakes, and possibly even full capacity magazines and magazine extensions. It all hinges on the bill’s vague and undefined phrase: “increase the rate of fire”. Violations would be a felony, with a five year prison sentence for possession, manufacture, or transfer. Most ominously, just like Feinstein’s bill in the Senate, this bill has NO Grandfather Clause!
This bill already has 25 co-sponsors, including 12 Republicans. Please contact your Congresscritters immediately and insist that they oppose the Curbelo Moulton Bill (H.R. 3999.) Be sure to remind them that that this bill constitutes a Federal “taking” without compensation. (There is no Grandfather Clause, no Sunset Clause, and no method provided for registration. We’d simply be required to turn them in for destruction.) This is the worst piece of Federal gun legislation since 1994. It is crucial that you take action! It has already been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary and could be before the full House in just a week. This might be on the fast track. Wake up, folks!
Your letter or e-mail can be short and sweet, such as this:
Dear Rep. XXXXXXXX:
Please oppose the Curbelo Moulton Bill (H.R. 3999), in any form. It is horrible legislation and vaguely written. It would affect far more than just “bump fire” stocks. If enacted, this law would be unconstitutional. Without a Grandfather Clause it would be an uncompensated “taking.” Please instead co-sponsor legislation that would rescind the Hughes Amendment to the Firearms Owners Protection act (FOPA) of 1986. That will re-open the Federal registry of machineguns. Thank You, – [signature]
o o o
On October 13, 1792, the cornerstone was laid for a presidential residence in the newly designated capital city of Washington.
o o o
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
This has been another entry for Round 73 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The nearly $11,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A $3000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,090 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses, and
- Two cases of Meals, Ready to Eat (MREs), courtesy of CampingSurvival.com (a $180 value).
- A Model 175 Series Solar Generator provided by Quantum Harvest LLC (a $439 value),
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A gift certificate for any two or three-day class from Max Velocity Tactical (a $600 value),
- A transferable certificate for a two-day Ultimate Bug Out Course from Florida Firearms Training (a $400 value),
- A Trekker IV™ Four-Person Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $250 value),
- A $200 gift certificate good towards any books published by PrepperPress.com,
- A pre-selected assortment of military surplus gear from CJL Enterprize (a $300 value),
- RepackBox is providing a $300 gift certificate to their site.
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances,
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value), and
Round 73 ends on November 30th, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.