With a well-funded overthrow of the U.S. government since Trump’s election underway, there is reason to prepare for consequences that might come. In part 1 of this article, I went through some of the potential scenarios should the Liberal Left gain power and international powers react. There are also internal conflicts to consider as well. I outlined what difference all of this makes to prepping and things to consider. Let me continue.
Not Seen As A “Black Swan”
I don’t see this as a “Black Swan”; I see this as an “Unfolding Disaster”. See my previous articles (Forecasting Disaster Part 1 and Part 2 ). This is a disaster that’s been coming for a long time and that we’ve had a lot of warning about. Unfortunately, I don’t think that “Joe Prepper” is prepared for a worst-case scenario like this. My impression is that Joe is expecting a few weeks-to-months of scary unpleasantness and inconvenience with a gradual return to “normal” in a few months. (Don’t get me wrong. This is a good article and a good start for beginners.)
I’ve read a lot of prepper fiction, to analyze their scenarios and how our family prepping stacks up. And I can’t recall anyone’s scenario approaching this, except possibly The Days of Noah series by Goodwin.
Trump’s Presidential Victory A Miracle
I totally agree that Trump’s presidential victory was a miracle. The PTB/Democrats/Liberals/Commies held all the cards– the electoral fraud, the illegal alien vote, the media lying and faking poll data, and half the country in mindless zombie lockstep to elect “The First Woman President.” Yet, Trump won, and I celebrate and welcome that!
Why Is the Mood So Grim
So why is the mood among my friends and fellow preppers so grim? Why does it feel like we’ve just come through the first of many battles to come? What if…?
In fact, over the years of teaching and writing I’ve not emphasized the scope of what could be unfolding because I was simply afraid people would just give up and do nothing. (Remember it’s a reaction of “Flight or Fight or Freeze”…). And this scenario is almost overwhelming but not quite, especially not with God’s guidance through it! It’s survivable but only with God’s guidance and strength and protection. Isn’t that what we’ve been saying all of this time?
Waiting on God
I can not emphasize enough the importance of waiting on God. Here’s why: God has already greatly helped us by opening our eyes to the potential dangers and the options He has put in our lives to survive. However, what eventually happens is likely not going to be what any of us were expecting, and the severity could be stunning. I’m just sayin’ if we simply watch the crises roll in, we could freeze up. “Men’s hearts failing them…” (Lk.21:26), et cetera.
Surely once we un-freeze, we would react! However, if we’ve been totally focused on watching the alternative news for indications of trouble and we start to see threats building, it’s possible that we will have waited too long to act! We watch and watch and try to guess when we need to head out (if bugging out is your option). Trying to figure it out is mesmerizing, fascinating, and a manly challenge! It sure takes our focus off of listening and watching for God’s Providential guidance.
Something God Shows Us
I want to propose that the signal to “Go” might not be something we “figure out” but something God shows us. What we need is a right relationship with God, one of listening, of studying, worshiping, and serving. That’s what will lead us to safety, not merely seeing the approaching danger and having piles of stuff. Timing is everything, and the only person who actually knows the timing is God.
Without this guidance from God, we may not act in time. We may be too late. We may be swept up in a sudden turn of events that sucks us into a crisis we could have avoided had we acted just a few hours or days earlier. Learn to hear His still small voice. Learn to recognize when He is providentially arranging your circumstances or supernaturally getting your attention. It’s not something you can learn overnight…
Walk With God Now
Walk with God now. Get in the Bible, pray, wait on Him, worship, share, and give. Stop giving in to those temptations that are sabotaging your relationship with Him. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (Prov.3:5-6)
How do you “acknowledge Him” in “all your ways”? Frequently, throughout the day, bring your concerns and thoughts to Him, ask Him for guidance and solutions to the daily challenges, include God in your day! (And as a reminder, here’s that classic on the subject: The Practice of the Presence of God. Trust Him with everything in your life, every aspect, every problem, every person, every need, and every blessing. And He (the One in the universe who knows what’s coming next) has promised to guide you!
Then, if God says “Go”, you need to go. Go right then, no arguing. No whining. Just suck it up and go. Then trust Him!
Steel your minds, good men and women. A struggle is coming. Surviving will be a miracle (Mt. 24:22), but I believe in miracles! A “hopeless” scenario might be just the thing to make one hold on tightly to the God of all hope.
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” – General James Mattis (ret.)
“For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and to provide for it.” – Patrick Henry
Trust God. Be prepared. We must do both! The Morning is coming, but first comes the Night (Mt.24:29-31).
We are not here to play, to dream, to drift,
We have hard work to do, and loads to lift.
Shun not the struggle; face it. ‘Tis God’s gift.
Say not the days are evil, – who’s to blame?
And fold not the hands and acquiesce, – O shame!
Stand up, speak out, and bravely, in God’s name.
It matters not how deep entrenched the wrong,
How hard the battle goes, the day, how long.
Faint not, fight on! Tomorrow comes the song.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
This has been part two of a two part entry for Round 79 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The nearly $11,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A $3000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Model 175 Series Solar Generator provided by Quantum Harvest LLC (a $439 value),
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A gift certificate for any two or three-day class from Max Velocity Tactical (a $600 value),
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- RepackBox is providing a $300 gift certificate to their site, and
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances.
Round 79 ends on November 30th, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.