- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of round steak
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs salad oil
- 1 (16oz) can of tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs of thick bottled steak sauce
- Cut up the steak into serving-sized pieces
- Coat the steak with flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown the meat in oil, then pour off the excess oil.
- In a Crock-Pot, combine the meat with tomatoes, onion, celery, and steak sauce.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Thicken juices with additional flour dissolved in a small amount of water if desired.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!