This is one of the kids favorites (Including the big kids over 40)
- 1 1/2 cups rotelle pasta
- 4 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup smooth melting shredded cheese (We like pepper jack)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup croutons
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Whisk in flour and cook, stirring about a minute.
- A little at a time, whisk in milk, mustard, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil one minute, then remove from heat and whisk in cheese until smooth.
- Stir in cooked pasta and pour into shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in bread crumbs and chili powder. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes about 8 servings
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!