- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 lb) Chicken, cut up
- 2 qts water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 (16 oz) cans tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen lima beans, partially thawed.
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen whole kernel corn, partially thawed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a slow cooking pot, combine chicken with water, onion, ham, and potatoes.
- Cook covered on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is done.
- Lift chicken out of pot and remove meat from bones.
- Return chicken meat to pot and add tomatoes, beans, corn, salt, seasoned salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Turn control to high, cover and cook for 1 hour.
Makes 8 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!