- 4 to 5 Cornish game hens
- 1 (8 oz) package stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs dry white wine
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Thaw hens, if frozen.
- Follow directions for stuffing mix.
- Spoon stuffing into the cavity of each hen.
- Mix butter with sugar, lime juice, wine, and soy sauce. Brush hens with this sauce.
- Place a trivet in the bottom of a pot.
- For 3 1/2 quart pot, plane hens on end, neck end down.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
- Brush with sauce once during cooking if possible.
Makes 4 to 5 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!