- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 1 qt of chicken or turkey broth
- 1 cup of light cream
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the cauliflower, celery, onion, salt, pepper and broth in a pot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or until vegetables are very soft. Add water as necessary to keep from boiling dry.
- Force the mixture through a sieve or puree in a blender
- Return to pot and add cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook on high for 5 to 10 minutes to heat.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!