- 1 lb. beef (flank, london broil) or chicken (boneless breasts)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil (roasted kind)
- 2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger
- To prep the beef, slice on diagonal as thin as you can. For the chicken breasts cut into 1/4-inch strips.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and marinate 30 minutes, or overnight is better.
- Thread meat onto bamboo or metal skewers.
- Place on hot grill or under broiler for several minutes; turn and grill or broil other side for several minutes longer.
- If you are using chicken, the cooking times will need to be adjusted for the thickness of the breast, so increase the times to approximately 8-10 minutes a side.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!