I have served this on Thanksgiving every year for over 21 years. It is my granddaughter’s favorite, and she comments EVERY year at the start of dinner, “Sweet Potato / Squash Casserole! MY FAVORITE. I ate it as a baby on my first Thanksgiving!”
- 1 1/2 cups mashed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter (not margarine or spread)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all together. ( I use a hand mixer.)
- Put in 9×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with topping and bake at 350? for 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon (I use a Tablespoon, but I LOVE cinnamon; you can reduce cinnamon if you like.)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix ingredients together.
- Sprinkle on top of casserole prior to baking.
For my family of 10, I double this.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!