This simple, inexpensive meal will leave your guests asking, “Is there any more of that chicken?”. The result is a moist, fall-off-the bone chicken thigh wrapped in a crisp sweet and tangy skin. Note that hormones and antibiotics spoil this recipe, so shop for quality chicken.
- 6-8 plump chicken thighs
- 1-2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- Fresh ground mild chili or black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- 1-2 tsp Balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup molasses
- Preheat oven or covered grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cooling rack on baking sheet. Place thighs skin side up on rack. This allows the grease to drip and accumulate.
- For the first baste, combine in a small bowl the minced garlic, pepper, olive oil and 1/4 cup of vinegar; this makes enough to baste the chicken two times.
- Brush on chicken and place sheet in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, basting another time or two to keep the skin moist.
- For the second baste, combine the honey and a splash (about 1-2 tsp) of additional vinegar to thin in a bowl and brush on.
- Bake for another 45 minutes, basting another time or two.
- For third baste, brush on the molasses and bake for another 20-30 minutes until skin is crisp.
- Remove from oven and rest for a few minutes. Goes well with baked beans or potato salad.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!