- 2 beaten eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbs grated onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground sage
- 1½ lbs ground beef.
- ¼ cup catsup
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine eggs with milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage, and meat.
- Mix well and shape into 9×5-inch rectangle or oval, or about 6-inch round.
- Carefully place in slow-cooking pot.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
Slice and serve while hot or use cold slices for sandwiches. Makes about 6 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!