On August 11, 1857, N. H. Wolfe and Company, the oldest flour and grain company in New York City, failed. This failure shook investor confidence and began a slow selloff in the market which continued into late August. Several other failures followed, and this cascaded into what was later called the Panic of 1857.
I was asked by a consulting client about the 30+ agent FBI “fishing expedition” raid on DJT’s home in Mar-a-Lago, Florida. What does it mean? To me, it means that the rule of law is now essentially meaningless to the leftist plutocrats. The FBI needs to stop targeting patriots. The FBI, the DOJ, the IRS, the ATF, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), and even the EPA have been turned into bullies, tasked with oppressing the political opponents of the Biden regime. The leadership of the Federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies have been fully co-opted, so the region inside The Beltway has become rotten to the core. Pundits use terms like “politicized” and “weaponized” to describe this shift in Federal law enforcement. But regardless of the terminology or semantics, it is clearly evil.
Our Bill of Rights has now been reduced, as the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia warned, to mere “parchment guarantees.” The ongoing concentration of Federal power accelerated during the Obama years, and is now fully solidified in the White House, the Department of Justice, the offices of career bureaucrats in various agencies, and in Barack Obama’s 251,000-square-foot “post-presidential workspace” office building at 1250 24th Street NW, Washington, D.C..
Let’s face it, folks: There is a leftist cabal that has set up a junta, in the District of Criminals (D.C.). Along with their bankster buddies, they are orchestrating a coup en traître. And don’t expect the leftist mainstream media to report on their wrongdoings — since they are willing participants in the grand scheme. Anyone who vocally opposes them is a potential target of a tax audit (at the hands of 87,000 new IRS agents), an asset seizure, a lien, or a search warrant signed by one of the Bidenistas’ pet magistrates and judges, and executed by one of the aforementioned agencies.
In essence, they’ve declared war on patriots. They want to muzzle any opposition to the Biden-Harris regime. So, henceforth we must give ZERO cooperation to ALL of the enforcement arms of the Executive Branch. Do not answer ANY of their questions! Cite the Fifth Amendment, and politely send them packing. Do not consent to any searches without the physical presence of a hard copy of a signed court-issued warrant. Do not give up vault combinations, encryption keys, computer or crypto passphrases, the location of hidden items or hidden physical keys, or phone passwords (except in Florida), even if they do have a warrant. Make them work like the thieves they are, to complete their punitive assignments. Make them sweat for it. They cannot force you to say a word or lift a finger, to help them conduct any search. That would be tantamount to self-incrimination. (Cite the Fourth and Fifth Amendments. Also, mention the Fruit of the Poisonous Tree doctrine. Repeat those, as necessary. Say nothing else.) Don’t fall for any of their coercion or intimidation. Sit down, shut up, fix your gaze on your clasped hands (or your feet if they’ve handcuffed you), and wait for them to hire a locksmith. And they can only do that only if the contents of a locked vault are specifically mentioned in a search warrant.
I must also remind you, dear readers, that it is high time to hedge your bets. Place most of your assets including your motor vehicles in one or more trusts. Keep some of your guns, ammo, and precious metals very safe hiding places where even metal detectors and thermal imagers won’t find them. Read: Buried deeply or in a wall cache adjacent to something made of steel, and preferably not at your address.
Oh, and make sure that your passport is up to date. Just in case.
If you need to report a crime — even an interstate crime — then don’t call the FBI. Instead, report it to your county sheriff’s office or your city police department. Again, ZERO cooperation with Federal authorities.
Come the next election, we’ll know how to vote. We need representatives that will disband the ATF, disband the EPA, eliminate all Federal gun laws — except perhaps a few import and export laws — break up the FBI into a few much smaller agencies with very restrictive charters, and eliminate income taxes. That would of course mean drastically downsizing the IRS. All in all, we need LESS government!
Continue to pray daily, for the restoration of our constitutional republic! – JWR
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 102 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round include:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- Two sets of The Civil Defense Manual, (in two volumes) — a $193 value — kindly donated by the author, Jack Lawson.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime low-cost training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A SIRT STIC AR-15/M4 Laser Training Package, courtesy of Next Level Training, that has a combined retail value of $679
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $150 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A LogOX 3-in-1 Forestry MultiTool (a $189 value) and a WoodOx Sling (a $79.95 value), courtesy of LogOx, both made in USA.
- A transferable $100 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun.
More than $750,000 worth of prizes have been awarded since we started running this contest. Round 102 ends on September 30th, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.