The following recipe for Mediterranean Chicken & Potatoes is from reader Linda T. She notes: “This has a nice lemony flavor. You’ll need an oven, a baking sheet with deep lip, and a garlic press.”
- 3 lemons
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- ⅓ cup plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3½- to 4-lb. whole chicken, cut into 6 to 8 pieces
- 1 pound of smallish red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½-in. wedges
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound Broccoli crowns, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon )or less) of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Squeeze juice from 2 lemons to equal ⅓ cup; add to a large bowl.
- Cut remaining lemon into wedges and add to bowl along with garlic, oregano, and ⅓ cup oil.
- Add chicken, spooning marinade over chicken; let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Toss together potatoes, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Transfer to a large baking sheet with a lip.
- Roast until just beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss together the broccoli and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large bowl.
- Transfer to baking sheet with potatoes and toss to combine.
- With a fork or tongs, arrange the chicken mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer. (Just discard the marinade.)
- Season with pepper and the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and Broccolini is browned, about 30 minutes.
This recipe serves six adults. Serve with a vegetable side dish.
Any leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 36 hours.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long-term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail. Thanks!