The following recipe for Roasted Chicken with Garlic and Pear was sent by blog reader M.N.. It is cooked in a Dutch Oven.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1⁄2 stick butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 head of garlic (or less, to taste)
- 1 Pear, Bartlet
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper, finely ground
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt butter in Dutch oven and add olive oil.
- Brown chicken on all sides. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic cloves until fragrant.
- Core, peel, and slice the pear.
- Add to garlic and wine, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and cover with spices.
- Cover and bake for 90 minutes at 350° F.
- Remove chicken and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain broth in the Dutch oven and serve with the bird.
- Bring broth to boil and add 1 Tbsp of Better Than Bullion.
- Thicken with corn starch.
Serve with seared asparagus and wild rice.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail. Thanks!