The following recipe for Cajun Goulash was kindly sent by SurvivalBlog reader Gwen. It is Gwen’s original recipe.
- 1-to-2 lbs of ground meat
- 3 cups of Basmati Rice (or whatever quantity you desire, as a bed for your goulash.)
- 1 can petite tomatoes
- Corn starch or arrowroot powder
- Avocado oil
Use any fresh vegetables you prefer. These are what I use:
- Green beans
- Sweet yellow pepper
- Start a batch of Basmati rice.
- Meanwhile, chop the veggies and sauté them in avocado oil or oil of preference. Season with Slap Your Mama.
- Scoop cooked veggie mix into a bowl.
- Brown 1-2 lbs of ground meat. Season with Slap Your Mama.
- Mix the vegetables with the meat.
- Add 1 can of beef broth and one can of petite tomatoes. Reserve a little liquid. Add corn starch or arrowroot powder to thicken.
We serve this over steamed Basmati Rice.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail. Thanks!