Reader “Sis” kindly sent us this Italian Beef Roast recipe.
Vincent’s Crock Pot Italian Beef Roast
- 2-to-4 lb beef roast, whole.
- 10 pepperchinis diced, with seeds
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/3-to -1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups of Water
- Put roast in an electric crock pot or a covered broiler pan.
- Baste the roast in oil.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on the roast.
- Gently pour in two cups of water.
- Cook in a covered crock pot on a low setting for 4-5 hours or until tender.
Serve hot, sliced, with usual roast side dishes.
This can also be cooked in a covered broiler pan, at 275 degrees F. But begin checking it after 2-1/2 hours. Do not over-cook!
Peeled and halved or quartered potatoes may be added, for just the last two hours of cooking.
This recipes also works well with venison or elk. Use a large cross cut, from a hind quarter.
Stores well for up to four days, refrigerated. The leftovers are great for sandwiches
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail. Thanks!