- 5 to 6 pork chops, cut 1 to 2 inches thick
- 1 (7oz) can of whole kernel corn (do not drain)
- 1 cup of soft bread crumbs
- 1 tbs of instant minced onion
- 2 tbs of minced green pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sage
- Have the butcher cut a pocket or with a very sharp knife, cut a horizontal slit in the side of each chop forming a pocket for stuffing.
- Mix undrained corn, bread crumbs, onion, pepper, salt, and sage.
- Spoon the mixture into the slits.
- Close with toothpicks or small skewers.
- Place on a metal rack or trivet in a slow-cooking pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
This recipe is especially good with fruit salad and lemon-buttered broccoli. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!