- 4 cups diced peaches (two 29 oz cans)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs of mustard seed
- 1 tsp of chopped dried red chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a pot.
- Cover and cook on low for for about 1 hour
- Uncover and raise heat, boiling until the desired consistency is reached.
This makes about 4 cups and can be served with curried lamb, shrimp or chicken.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!