- 4 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- In a large bowl combine salt, yeast and warm water. Stir to mix (don’t worry if yeast does not all dissolve).
- Stir in flour just until blended. Do not knead.
- Let rise in a warm spot for 2 hours.
- Flour hands.
- Remove dough from bowl, shape into a ball (do not knead) and place in well-seasoned cast iron dutch oven (without lid).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Let dough rise in the dutch oven in a warm spot for 40 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto cooling rack.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!