- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 medium head red cabbage, shredded (6 to 8 cups)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Cook bacon in a skillet and set aside.
- Combine 1 Tbsp of bacon drippings in a pot with sugar, flour, salt, and pepper. Stir in water and vinegar.
- Add the cabbage and onion.
- Cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours, adding water as necessary to keep the water level.
- Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle cooked bacon on top.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!