- 1 lb dried pinto beans
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 lb lean chuck steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red chili pepper or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp marjoram leaves
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Combine soaked beans (with the water) and the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours; add water as necessary.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!