We’ve completed the judging! The winner of First Prize in Round 35 of the SurvivalBlog writing contest is R.B. for The Will to Act: Your Ultimate Bug-out Kit which was posted on July 30th. As his prizes, he will receive: A.) A course certificate from onPoint Tactical. This certificate will be for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses. (Excluding those restricted for military or government teams.) Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795, and B.) Two cases of Alpine Aire freeze dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources. (A $400 value.) C.) A 9-Tray Excalibur Food Dehydrator from Safecastle.com (a $275 value), D.) A $250 gift certificate from Sunflower Ammo, and E.) An M17 medical kit from JRH Enterprises (a $179.95 value).
Second Prize goes to “Stone of Scone” for Aquaponic Food Production for Long Term Survival, which was posted on July 19th. He will receive: A.) A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol. It is a $439 value, courtesy of Next Level Training. B.) A “grab bag” of preparedness gear and books from Jim’s Amazing Secret Bunker of Redundant Redundancy (JASBORR) with a retail value of at least $300, C.) A $250 gift card from Emergency Essentials, and D.) two cases of Meals, Ready to Eat (MREs), courtesy of CampingSurvival.com (a $180 value).
Third Prize goes to A.L.T. for The Prepping Imperative, which was posted on July 27th. She will receive: A.) A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21. (This filter system is a $275 value.), and B.) Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy. This is a $185 retail value.
Runner Up Prizes ($30 Amazon Gift Certificates) go to these 17 writers:
- Minnesota Rose, for The Easy Storage Survival Harvest
- Blue Sun, for Electronics for Mobile Self Sufficiency
- O.P., for Emergency Prep for Travelers
- G.R., in Texas for Aircraft and Aviation, Post-TEOTWAWKI
- L.W., for Resourcefulness: How to Survive Without Supplies
- Grandy, for Retreat Security Myths
- M.B. Ham, for Survival Electronics
- Calvinist Cadet in Washington, for Acquiring Hand Tools
- Zorro, for Choosing a MBR: The M1 Garand or the M14/M1A?
- Picaro Actual, for OPSEC When Traveling Abroad
- M.N., for SHTF Electricity Basics
- Country Lady, for Dairy Goats 201 – Birthing Kids
- P.J.G.T., for Practical Tips on a Cross-Country Move
- Tom from Colorado, for How Does Your Garden Grow? (After TSHTF)
- Phill in Texas, for Beans, Bullets, Band-Aids and Bicycles
- Mudflap, for Observations From Fence Building
- L. Burton, for Prepping With Limited Funds
A New Prize! Starting with Round 36, there will be a prize added to the Third Prize package: Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security. We thank them for their generous support of the blog.
Round 36 begins today, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that articles that relate practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.