I don’t want civil war (CW). I’m no expert on what CW2 would look like. It won’t look like CW1 with a fairly clean bifurcation of states. It could be as ugly as Yugoslavia in the 1990s. Civil war is ugly, filled with death, hardship, and loss.
Civil War 2 is Coming
In CW2, I will suffer greatly. My family will suffer greatly, and the values and beliefs that I hold will suffer greatly. Have no illusions, we will all lose in this war. But it is still coming.
Why do I believe this? Civil wars is coming because I’m not willing to submit to the suffocating cultural marxism (PC culture) that has dropped all pretense of “diversity and tolerance” and replaced it with a holy war to suppress heretical ideas. I am a heretic, and I represent millions.
Not Going To Apologize
I am a Christian. I will not apologize ever for my Christian ancestors, for a rejection of homosexuality, for the idea that the Ten Commandments should be put back up on the school walls in America, nor the idea that each nation/culture/blood line ought naturally to have a home country. I am not going to apologize for that, not ever.
Wars at Home
Neither should Japan, China, Russia, Israel, Mexico, the Palestinians, nor the vast majority of non-European nations ever apologize for seeking the best interest of their nation, which is a word that comes from the same root word as natal or birth. Ironically, most European states (including the U.S.) seem to think the mixing of cultures is somehow a noble thing. It is not. Instead of wars overseas, it leads to wars at home if not completely checked by absolute tyranny. Ancient Persia, Rome, the Soviet Union, and Yugoslavia under Tito are examples for this. And now we’ve joined that club.
On the other side, my opponents on the Left are not going to apologize for calling folks like me “little hitlers” that ought to be exterminated. To allow me to exist and to allow my ideas to be shared would be a denial of their own faith and values. So, where to we go from here?
A Union of States
In my opinion, there is a best case scenario. Each state ought to reconstitute itself as a sovereign state.
The United States used to be a Union. In CW1, Lincoln, by force, eliminated the ability of states to have a diversity of options in how they ought to live. Before CW1, southern states “opted out” of federal law in ways not dissimilar to sanctuary states and cities that reject federal immigration and drug laws or, like California, actively seek to make agreements for foreign sovereign states (which is forbidden in our current Constitution of 1789). Many states, such as Washington State, may consider dividing (as Virginia did, ceding West Virginia) in order to more closely support the interests of their people.
Let’s Go Our Own Way
Yes, this is a right leaning perspective. (I used to be a Conservative and I used to be a Libertarian. But I don’t know what those things mean any more.) I’m completely okay with California pursing its own Left wing agenda, nothwithstanding they will either end up like Venezuela or Mexico. I’m okay with another country embracing drugs, unlimited immigration, unlimited welfare, and socialism. I’m not so parochial that I would impose my beliefs on that. The fact is, we have become separate already. Let’s recognize it and go our own way.
Will the Left allow this? Or is the Left more like Lincoln in the demand for complete uniformity and submission to “the one right way of thinking?”
An Alternative Future with States Supreme
In an alternative future, federal law would be deprecated and state laws would become supreme for each state. (It used to be this way!) The scale of federal activities would be trimmed immensely. Health insurance would be a state matter, as would education, welfare, farm subsidies, roads, community programs, and a thousand other federal projects, including NASA, foreign wars, USAID, and the budget for the UN. States may even prefer to create their own money supply. The bottom line is that each state would have the ability to choose which federal laws to follow and not follow. Is this workable?
Dis-Union and Union
This would be Dis-Union the states. Should there be a Union after that, I cannot imagine that all the states would possibly agree upon a single Constitution, a single set of ground rules. This should not be considered strange. Western Europe is composed of many small states in size similar to single American states, and that has functioned for them.
The impetus toward Union of the states is always a drive toward totalitarianism and tyranny. In this week’s election, we draw near to deciding this issue once again in North America. Dis-Union is better that total war with neighbor on neighbor, community on community, county on county, family on family, and person on person.
Time to Step Back and Re-Think How This Union Works
Clearly both sides already hate each other. Clearly neither side is willing to surrender. Divorce or legal separation is better than the murder, death, and loss that will come from civil war. It’s time to take a step back from the abyss and fundamentally re-think how this Union works.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
This has been another entry for Round 79 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The nearly $11,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A $3000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Model 175 Series Solar Generator provided by Quantum Harvest LLC (a $439 value),
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A gift certificate for any two or three-day class from Max Velocity Tactical (a $600 value),
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- RepackBox is providing a $300 gift certificate to their site, and
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances.
Round 79 ends on November 30th, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.