- 4 lbs of Oxtails, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs salad oil
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped2 turnips, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups beef bouillon
- 1 cup port wine
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 leeks, sliced
- Coat meat with flour and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown the meat in oil, then drain off the excess fat.
- Combine the browned mean in a slow-cooking electric pot with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and oxtails.
- Cut the meat off of the bones, dice it and return to stew.
- Let stand for a few minutes then skim excess fat off the top.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!