- 8 to 10 parsnips
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- Wash and peel parsnips.
- Cut into sticks about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cover with water in a crock-pot and add salt.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 4 hours or until tender.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, stir in the honey, seasoned salt, orange juice, and peel.
- Heat to boiling, and the pour over drained parsnips.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!