- 5 to 6 knockwurst links
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 coarsely shredded, small head of cabbage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 cups of chicken bouillon
- Cut knockwurst into 2-inch chunks.
- Arrange alternate layers of meat, onions, and cabbage.
- Sprinkle with salt and caraway seeds.
- Pour bouillon over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Add water if necessary to keep from boiling dry.
Note, if you want a more chewy texture on the meat, just add it the last hour of cooking.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!