- 1 broiler chicken, cut up
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 (14oz) can of tomatoes, cut up
- 1 lb shelled, raw shrimp
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- Combined chicken with onions, carrots, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and tomatoes in a pot.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables are soft, but not mushy.
- Raise the temperature and add shrimp and rice.
- Cook until the shrimp is done.
Serves 5 to 6.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!