This is one of my favorite recipes post-deer season. The Franks Buffalo hot sauce is just my favorite, but you can substitute your favorite hot sauce.
I am not good with measurements, and they’re all approximate. Sorry. So, you will need to adjust to taste.
- 2-3 lbs of fresh, trimmed venison backstrap
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of Franks Hot Buffalo sauce
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp seasoning salt
- 4 cups plain bread crumbs
- Trim backstrap of all fat and silver skin; slice into 1” x 3” strips
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, and Buffalo sauce; whip into coating.
- Combine flour, peppers, paprika, and seasoning salt; mix well.
- Dredge backstrap through egg mix, and coat in flour mixture
- Put tenders into bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Redredge backstrap through egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs
- Deep fry in vegetable oil for 4 minutes and drain onto paper towel-covered cookie sheet. Drizzle lightly with cayenne pepper right after removing.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, and dip into ranch dressing
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!