- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 2 chopped carrots
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 (15oz) cans of black beans
- 1 (15oz) can of whole kernel corn
- 1 (15oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and saute onion, celery, carrots, and garlic for about five minutes.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, and black pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute, then stir in broth, 2 cans of beans and the corn.
- Bring to a boil.
- Process the remaining 2 cans of beans and tomatoes in a food processor or with a potato masher until smooth.
- Stir into boiling soup mixture.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
Makes about 6 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!