- 3 to 4lb beef pot roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can alphabet vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper then place it in a Crock-Pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine undiluted soup with wine and basil.
- Pour mixture over the meat, then cover.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Slice the meat and serve with sauce ladled over the meat.
If you want thicker sauce you can thicken it with flour dissolved in a small amount of water.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!