- 6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2.25 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12″ cast-iron or heavy nonstick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Nestle chicken in skillet, skin side down, and cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high; continue cooking
skin side down, occasionally rearranging chicken thighs and rotating pan to evenly distribute heat, until fat renders and
skin is golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook 13 more minutes.
- Flip chicken; continue cooking until skin
crisps and meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a plate; let rest 5 minutes before
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!