- 3½ to 4 lbs beef rump or sirloin tip
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced (unpeeled)
- 10 whole cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- Place the meat in a deep ceramic or glass bowl.
- Combine water, vinegar, onion, lemon, cloves, bay leaves, pepper, salt, and sugar; then pour it over the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours, turning the meat several times during marinating.
- Place beef in a slow-cooking pot.
- Pour 1 cup of marinade over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Place the meat on a serving platter, then strain the meat juices and return them to the pot. Turn the control to high and stir in gingersnaps.
- Cover and cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes, then pour over meat.
Makes 8 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!