So it’s not terribly healthy, but it’s easy, hearty, filling, and delicious– wonderful winter fare. I had tried many a stroganoff recipe before the family decided this was the one, many a year ago. I like to serve it with some sort of winter salad for a complete meal.
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (ground chuck, if affordable)
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz. beef broth, made with 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 16 oz. pasta noodles (curly noodles), cooked according to package directions
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef till done; drain grease.
- In separate saucepan whisk together soup, broth, Worcestershire sauce, and green onions.
- Bring to boil; then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sauce to meat in skillet and stir well over medium-low heat.
- Stir in sour cream just before serving. Serve over noodles.
Makes 4 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlogreaders? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!