The following Sazon Spiced Soup recipe is from SurvivalBlog reader Gwen. She writes: “This is based on a recipe that was given to me but I changed four elements so I would say it qualifies as an original one.
- 1 lb ground hamburger
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 – 32 oz Swanson Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup dry macaroni noodles
- 1 can of red beans
- 1-2 packages of Goya Sazon seasoning found in the Mexican aisle
- Brown your hamburger or ground meat of choice and drain the fat.
- In a saucepan heat the broth to boiling and add the vegetables. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the macaroni and boil for the time directed on the pasta package.
- Add the Sazon seasoning.
- Once the macaroni is tender, add the beans and stir.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail. Thanks!