December 30, 1865 was the birthday of Rudyard Kipling.
Our big rifle sale at Elk Creek Company ends at 5 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday, January 6th, 2021. We’ve already had more than $15,000 in orders since ordering resumed on December 26th, depleting our inventory. Get your order in soon!
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 92 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round include:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (a $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, that have a combined retail value of $589,
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Naturally Cozy is donating a “Prepper Pack” Menstrual Kit. This kit contains 18 pads and it comes vacuum-sealed for long term storage or slips easily into a bugout bag. The value of this kit is $220.
- An assortment of products along with a one-hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $150 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Round 92 ends on January 31, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.
Big Brother is watching…what could go wrong?
Another article I read on this issue states that the gentleman explained that he was 30 miles away at the time, but the police refused to check on his alibi because they already had their “software match.” He was ultimately cleared, but not before spending several days in jail and exhausting his savings to fight it. NJ has banned this software….for now.
Not that many degrees of separation between this stuff and “The Minority Report”…..beware of that WrongThink!
SB community… clear explanation of what must take place https://newswithviews.com/article-iv-§4-us-constitution-requires-congress-supreme-court-and-the-president-to-stop-the-steal/
So realistically what are the odds of this “stars aligning” stuff that must be done?
The goal, of my question, isn’t to start a political fight but rather look at what’s the most likely scenario for those of us out here to react to.
Best case, for myself and some others, President Trump stays and worst case we fall into civil war and it all ends the existence we know.
I’m leaning towards it’s over and looking at the dem presidency, a continuation of life about like it was during the O years and trying to look forward in preparations for that onslaught on my way of life, increased controls and financial raggedness.
Matt in OK,
Part 1 of 2
I’ve been measuring the same thing
In my mind. I cannot tell what’s GOING
To happen. What HAS happened, we
Already know. Regretfully, you are wrong
About a continuation of the O years.
It is worse. Those responsible for spying
Targeting, obstruction of Justice, all got
Away with it. The Obama administration
Always felt a facade of resistance, a fear
Of the conservative base. Obama and Biden
Were against gay marriage. Not because
Of personal conviction, but for political
Correctness. Has the culture shifted? No.
Which is why Trump won against Hillary.
It is also why Trump stomped Biden.
But the left stole the election. Biden is for
Gay marriage now.
NOT FOR PERSONAL CONVICTION!
They support it, so they can CLAIM a shift
Of cultural values, so they can explain a
Election win(when they actually stole it).
This isn’t about anything except a group
Of powerful Washington DC groups, who
Don’t want the accountablity of elections
And Democrat and Republican politicians
Don’t want the accountablity either.
Matt in OK,
What do we prepare for?
A fight. Politically. Do you believe in voting?
Keep voting accountable locally.
Education. Educate young family members.
-the Bible, Constitution, ruggedness
Spending. Dont spend money towards any
Company that sponsors progressiveness
(It’s hard, but cut out Hollywood and wireless)
(Is Skylink overtly progressive?)
Sponsor conservative narratives and
Entertainment. Buy stuff from SB
(I’m a freelance artist/engineer so trust me)
Every little bit helps.
(Drink Black Rifle Coffee, NOT STARBUCKS)
(Start your OWN bean import!)
Im a Combat Vet, Engineer/Artist,
I earn money by painting, I’m starting a
Comic strip, and custom electronic devices.
You can email me at
It’s a new war, deep state domestic enemies, vs patriots.
And on another note, I’m re-posting a piece that did not successfully get posted earlier today:
The links are not of BitChute origin. Without links, the post would not be complete.
I doubt that even if you posted it, that is would actually appear. If you do attempt to post it, I would check the actual blog to verify. If I had not known to check I would have assumed it posted and moved on unaware. If it becomes inconvenient, or problematic, it is discouraging. If it is happen to myself, it is likely happening to others and they do not know to verify, and do not care to solve the problem or report that a problem exists. I realize that Big Tech censorship could be involved. and there may not be an easy solution.
This video demonstrates why we will need SOI (Signals Operating Instructions).
Fox Hunt! (Radio Direction Finding) – Ham Radio Q&A
Here is one of many instructional videos on how to make your own $10.00, portable 2 meter tape measure yagi that can be used for a patrol, or direction finding, or how you see fit…. https://youtu.be/BmHoQrDfw-0
We can send this out with a patrol should they need to check in during a commo ‘window’. Mine is made for the MURS frequencies, is painted OD green, and folds up small enough to fit inside a bag that can be strapped onto a pack. A UHF version is also in the plan. It will have additional directional elements, and have a narrower RF footprint as a result. Also the ‘splash’ from UHF will not travel half as far as VHF.
It would be more difficult to intercept this signal, and be a more compact antenna to carry.
Of course you will also need a $53.00 SWR meter to check and fine tune the antenna. This inexpensive meter could prove to be invaluable in that one can make more antennas, and repair existing antennas. It is a must have in my book. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D86IKIQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Bob Griswald at Ready Made Resources has all the kool toys, and a low drag, high speed 2 Meter yagi that breaks down into a very compact package. I can only afford to make my own, but I can make lots and lots of them, and I can avoid 2 Meters. Or you can buy a professionally made 2 meter yagi at Arrow Antennas for $79.00. Custom orders for MURS/Public Service Band is also possible as well as UHF
However, it does not conveniently fold up into a portable package that can be carried by a patrol. It might be better to get this type of yagi with 5 elements in a UHF frequency, that is one third the size, but it could still get damaged on the trail. Be prepared to fix these antennas.
To SB community… may I encourage all to watch / listen to Jovan Pulitzer testimony today in Georgia https://youtu.be/_PpyoYlGqBg
Winter Survival – Survive an Overnight On the Open Prairie like a Hunter!!
(YouTube Video, 32:48)
Ranger Survival and Field Craft
Dec 30, 2020